Have you registered for the FAC Policy Committee Conference yet? The deadline to take advantage of the early bird rate to attend this conference is Friday, August 23rd. By registering to attend the Policy Committee Conference, you will be able to participate in the CCC workshop, Understanding Charter Government, which is included in your registration fee. This workshop will be held on September 18th from 8:15 am – 11:30 am.
This workshop is a 3 hour elective course is open to all Commissioners and staff. Topics of discussion will include:
- The legal process for developing a charter and various elements & options for charters
- Special powers of charter county governments
- Practical challenges of reform through charter government
- Examples of different organizational structures in place around the state
- Emerging issues and important considerations in developing or revising a charter
For more information, please contact Becky Berentsen at 850-922-4300.